Friday, September 30, 2011

OPI Mani Ways to Help


I wasn't sure if I was even going to post this but I need a recomendation so here I am. This is 2 coats of OPI Mani Ways to Help over 2 coats of Essie Marshmallow. I picked this up because it reminded me of one of my all time favorites, Zoya Ginessa. The problem is Ginessa is opaque in 2 coats and MWTH is very sheer. So I figured I would layer it. So I grabbed Marshmallow, which I had never used and is it's own weird mess, and layered MWTH over it. I'm thinking that maybe the Essie just wasn't a bright enough white. I hated this mani so much and that makes me sad. I want to retry MWTH over a really stark white. So this is where I need your help. What's your favorite white polish that doesn't take a billion coats to be opaque and not streaky? Help me please!
outside sun

outside shade

outside shade

See what I mean? It's like it was to dull or something. Sorry about the glitter around my nails that was left over from my previous mani :)

So what do you thing?

Sara

4 comments:

  1. How funny-when I started my blog-it was with this background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't have ANY good whites, so when you find a good one let me know! have you tried layering it over like a metallic/frosty silver? it might work too. idk..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fingers, that's funny. I'm scared to change it too much cuz I don't know what I'm doing.

    @Beanie, I will let you know. I might order Zoya Purity today. Heard good things about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still on the hunt for my favorite white polish!

    ReplyDelete